News & Events
1. Dr. Joseph J. Palackal's interview with Vatican Radio on the revival of Syriac chants and the Aramaic Project. Listen to the interview here.
In honour of the foundation of the new Syro-Malabar Eparchy in the United Kingdom, we are delighted to share the recording from our member and Syro-Malabar link adviser, Dr Martin Thomas Anthony, of the Holy Qurbana in English at the Ukrainian Catholic Cathedral at our Festival of the Eastern Catholic Churches last August 2015.
1. Dr. Joseph J. Palackal will be one of the featured speakers at the "Christian Congregational Music: Local and Global Perspectives" Conference at Oxford, UK. 4-7 August 2015.
1. Dr. Joseph J. Palackal gave the Denha Endowment Lecture 2014 at Dharmaram Vidya Kshethram, Bangalore, India. Topic: The Syriac Heritage and the Faith Formation of the Syro Malabar Catholics in Bangalore. Abstract. Brochure. Flyer.
1. Friday, 25 April 2014. 7.30PM at St. Stanislaus Kostka School Auditorium. 30-minute video presentation on the current status of the project, Q & A, followed by social hour. All are welcome. Flyer.
2. English translation of Mariw'alahi added.
3. Dr.Jacob Vellian's interview added under 'Recorded interviews and performances' section
1. Fr.Charles Pyngott's interview added under 'Recorded interviews and performances' section
1. Fr.Emmanuel Thelly's interview added under Recorded interviews and performances' section
2. Reintroduction of Syriac chants in the Syro-Malabar liturgy section along with the corresponding videos added.
1. Dedication & Source of Inspiration' section expanded.
2. 'Web Resources' section added.
3. New images pertaining to Syriac Inscriptions added.
1. 'Dedication & Source of Inspiration' section expanded.
2. 'Web Resources' section added.
3. K. O. Chacko Koythadathil's videos added under 'Recorded interviews and performances' section.
4. Paul Joy Vathappillil's video added 'Recorded interviews and performances' section.
1. Fr.Abel Periyapuram's audio interviews and songs added under 'Recorded interviews and performances' section.
2. The first version of the Aramaic Project page launched.
The Canadian Society for Syriac Studies is hosting a symposium on The Christians of Saint Thomas and their Syriac Heritage on Saturday, 9 Nov 2013 in Toronto. Flyer.
||Dr. Joseph J. Palackal performed the Syriac chant Qambel maaran haan qurbaana at a concert organized by ComposersCollaborative, Inc., at Cornelia Street Cafe, in Manhattan, New York. He was accompanied by Bill Anderson on theorbo, and Chris Finckel on cello. 5 May 2013.|
Down the memory lane on the occasion of the Silver Jubilee Celebrations of Nadopasana, Thodupuzha, 12 August 2012.
2. The Indo-German society is celebrating India day with solemn high mass of the Syro-Malabar church, screening of the film 'Kerala, the Cradle of Christianity in South India' and lecture by Dr.Joseph Palackal in Nurenberg, Germany on July 5 2012. For details click here.
3. The movie Kerala, the Cradle of Christianity in South Asia will be telecast as part of the program titled 'Streams of Grace' on Tuesday, 3 July 2012 in Goodness TV IST 10:30AM and Divine TV U.K GMT 18.00 & 01.00
June 20121. The web page for K. K. Antony Master is up and running. The list of works of the Maestro is now in progress.
- World Premiere at Queens International Film Festival - Kerala , the Cradle of Christainity in South Asia - DVD -Nov-12-2009 - Deepika News
- Kerala , the Cradle of Christainity in South Asia - DVD - Nov-2009
Discovering Christainity's First Home in India - DVD Screening Launch - Invitation by Kerala Tourism Dept.-2-Aug-2008
Third Annual Meeting2004 Annual Meeting was held at St. Anne's Monastery, Kurianad, Kottayam, on August 21, 2004. The meeting was part of a musical pilgrimage to the burial place of Fr. Abel Periyappuram, CMI (1920-2001).
Fr. Abel Periyappuram, CMI (1920-2001). Photo by K. S. Prasad, Kalabhavan, August 22, 2001. The morning session started with an offering of flowers at the tomb of Fr. Abel. James Aerthayil, President, Kalabhavan, presented a paper on the literary and musical contributions of Fr. Abel to Kerala. Paul Poovathingal, Director, Chetana Sangeetha Natya Academy, evaluated the compositions of K. K. Antony, Kanamkudam, the first Music Director of Kalabhavan. The afternoon session started with the screening of a documentary film on Fr. Abel, produced and directed by K. S. Prasad. This was followed by Sangeethaarchana in the monastery chapel open for the public. Joseph Palackal, President of the Society, spoke in homage to Fr. Abel, and along with Cicily Anil performed three of Fr. Abel's devotional songs composed by K. K. Antony. George Panjara, Kumbalam Babu Raj, and Paul Poovathingal performed their own compositions in Karnatak classical music style. Cherian Kunianthodath, Vice President, welcomed the gathering, and Sheila Kannath, Secretary, proposed the vote of thanks.